OUR THEME THIS YEAR HERBALISM AT THE HEARTH.
Now more than ever, every home needs a herbalist. The heart of our practice is bringing the medicine into our daily lives, throughout the year. Let’s explore our relationship with the plants and how we bring their message home to our kin.
We invite you to join us for this online conference from November 17-19, 2023.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL.
The Canadian Herb Conference invites you to submit proposals for up to 3 talks (can be pre-recorded lecture(s), demonstration(s) or virtual herb walk). Please ensure at least one of your ideas is a 20-minute short. The formats of the presentation will be as follows:
- 20 Minutes Pre-Record (chat Q&A throughout presentation)
- 75 Minutes Pre-Record (chat Q&A throughout presentation)
- 75 Minutes Live (chat Q&A throughout presentation)
Some ideas of what we are looking for (not limited to these topics, just some ideas to get your creative juices flowing):
- Interview with a herbal elder about their life and work
- Interview with a herb grower / wildcrafter / manufacturer about their work
- Case review – why you prescribed specific herbs and outcomes / results
- Review of a condition and general treatment strategies
- Review of a herb or herbs
- Review of an herbal action
- Medicine making and pharmacy skills
- Botany and plant ID
- Quality assurance and manufacturing issues
- Practice management and business skills for herbalists
- Safety and Toxicology, Herb / Drug interactions
- Herbal history and philosophy
If accepted, each presenter will receive:
- Full Conference Registration with video and pdf access for 1 years (valued at $247)
- Networking opportunity with other instructors in the Green Room (available all weekend)
- Teacher features through our social media channels
- Referral program including coupon codes for your students and affiliate payments (the more you promote the Conference the more you could earn)
- Presentations of 75 Minutes (Pre-Record or Live) or Panel Discussions will be further compensated with an honorarium.